Expanded Database Page
Each record or row in your database represents an item that can be expanded into an editable page.
Here's how to open the expanded database page in different views:
- In list views, hover over the first column and click the Open button that appears.
- In board views, simply click anywhere on the card to open it.
Resize and hide the expanded page
To adjust the width of expanded page, follow these steps:
- Hover your mouse over the edge of the page.
- When the cursor changes to a double-sided arrow, click and drag the edge to the left or right to adjust the width of the page.
- By clicking the >> icon, you can hide the expanded page.
For a more immersive experience, you can enter the full-page view:
- Click on the Expand icon in the page navigation.
Expanded database page overview
At the top of each page, you'll see all the database properties. On the left, you'll see the names of all the properties, while their corresponding values are displayed on the right.
- Edit properties: By clicking a property name, you'll access an Edit Property menu where you can rename, set value options, or delete the property.
- Edit values: Click a value allows you to modify it.
- Add a property: Use the "Add a property" button to include additional properties in your database.
- Collapse/expand property list: To maximize space, click the "Hide properties" button, which collapses the list. A simple tap will expand it again.
Below the property list, you'll find the content space, allowing you to add various content blocks to provide additional details for a database item. Explore different block types here →
- Click anywhere in the content space to activate the editor.
- Begin writing and click the Update button to save your content for the team.
- When you want to edit the content, hover over it, and an Edit button will appear in the top-right corner. Click it to make your edits, then press the Update button.
Unlike a post page that only the author has access to edit, everyone in the channel has the ability to edit the content.
Within each expanded page, you'll find a dedicated Replies section, allowing for real-time collaboration and focused conversations.
Send a reply
- Type your message in the message bar, and if necessary, attach files or images.
- Click the Send icon or press the enter key to send your message promptly.